Saturday 26 December 2015

The Unapologetic's Glow


Just because you're the only person doing something, whatever it is- doesn't mean you should stop doing it to make others comfortable. There are so many things that are normalized in our society that hurt us yet still routinely practiced by the masses and given the go ahead without a second thought or glance.

Example. You don't have to walk too far from your doorstep before you see another passenger smoking, now let me just add real quick I'm not trying to come sideways at smokers, 'we all have our glitches', but it's obviously no secret, that smoking has severe side affects, Now what I find amazing is that in our society, we are so quick to ridicule people for the way they deal with their issues if their methods are unconventional.

People often ask me why I'm 'always smiling'. I think it does two things, it gives the impression I am obviously happy, and an easy going person. Easy to approach etc. It also may be kind of over bearing for one that does not understand where this emotion comes from. I like to say that this is both my 'default state' and my way of coping with everyday stresses. Sometimes, I'm really just thinking up cool stuff in my head. But at the same time, I guess it's my way of being okay.

We live in a beautiful world that's also very sick. We put financial profit over any and everything. We are forever looking for the quick way out of escaping from ourselves. We are forever looking for the quick way out of dealing with pain. And then, we find ourselves back to our quick fixes, slaves to these temporary solutions.

When I realise this, and immerse myself in this understanding. Grounded. I know this is true, and I don't need to look outside of myself for validation.

You cannot afford to feel embarrassed about the little 'awkward' things that make you who you are. Why should you be on your knees, subservient to a world that does not even understand itself? A people lacking all the answers, a place where  products are sold which deteriorate the mental and physical state of our community. Question all the things you find to be complete BS in the world and why those things are seemingly okay, before you question the nature of yourself. :) 


You owe the world no explanation about the way you move.
The things you do.
What you write.
Speak.
Sing.
Whether it is strange, weird, extreme.


What you believe of yourself is ultimately the truth of you. 
So my take is to stand in your originality and know you are just fine.
And if no one will say it then I will.

It's upsetting to know that, there are people out there, living with internal pain, because they are being backed into a corner, feeling as if they are in the hot seat and they have to justify their being to a world of judgement. A world with skeletons in its closet and dirt on the very hands it points with.

You cannot inspire the world forever conforming to it. Or trying to be like it.
So stay true and be something worth an inspiration.






- Hermenia.

Love to all those who read and beyond.



No comments:

Post a Comment